National Conversation Project—an overarching collaborative platform powered by 175+ organizations—is designed to reach farther and impact greater than any one organization by aggregating, aligning, and amplifying the many conversation efforts already underway while welcoming more Americans into conversations. National Conversation Project promotes National Weeks of Conversation, #ListenFirst Fridays, and any conversation inviting people to revitalize America together.
Millions of Conversations is changing the narrative of Muslim Americans one conversation at a time. Our media driven campaign promotes positivity and inclusion – combating misinformation, harmful stereotypes, and bigotry.
The Alliance for Peacebuilding (AfP) is a membership network of over 100 organizations. Our members include some of the world’s largest development organizations, most innovative academic institutions, and the most powerful peacebuilding groups. We bring together coalitions in key areas of strategy and policy to elevate the entire peacebuilding field, tackling issues too large for any one organization to address alone.
Sisterhood of Salaam Shalom (SOSS) aims to build trust, respect, and relationships between North American Muslim and Jewish women and teenage girls. Through these relationships, the women/girls commit to work together.
Compassion Games: Survival of the Kindest is a community engagement experience that invites people around the world to inspire one another to reveal and promote acts of compassion that better our lives, our communities, and all life on Earth.
Listen First Project encourages conversations that prioritize understanding to bridge divides and mend our frayed social fabric. We catalyze the #ListenFirst movement powered by more than 225 partner organizations, thousands of individuals, National Conversation Project, and local chapters around the world. LFP focuses on society at large, schools, and workplaces while recognizing those who champion the Listen First mission.
Partners in Healing works with individuals and couples, PIH addresses a wide array of health concerns. We can work with you one-on-one or as a team of health care professionals. We also offer classes and workshops for healing and personal growth. In our clinics we combine the best of Eastern and Western healing systems to meet your unique health care needs.
Fellowship of Reconciliation USA (FORusa) is an interfaith peace fellowship leading the charge on today’s most pressing human and civil rights issues through advocacy, activism, and educational programs. We are the oldest and largest organization of its kind, promoting peace and active nonviolence with a diverse membership spanning many religious, spiritual, and cultural traditions.
Jewish Peace Fellowship is a Jewish voice in the peace community and a peace voice in the Jewish community. We are a nondenominational Jewish organization committed to active nonviolence as a means of resolving conflict, drawing on Jewish traditional sources within the Torah, the Talmud and contemporary peacemaking sages like Martin Buber, Judah Magnes and Abraham Joshua Heschel.
Jewish Voice for Peace opposes anti-Jewish, anti-Muslim, and anti-Arab bigotry and oppression. JVP seeks an end to the Israeli occupation of the West Bank, Gaza Strip, and East Jerusalem; security and self-determination for Israelis and Palestinians; a just solution for Palestinian refugees based on principles established in international law; an end to violence against civilians; and peace and justice for all peoples of the Middle East.
Women’s Islamic Initiative in Spirituality and Equality (WISE) is a New York based 501(c)(3) non-profit organization which currently operates as a partner project of the Fund for the City of New York (FCNY), a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
The Presbyterian Peace Fellowship started in the 1940s as a group that provided support to Conscientious Objectors to World War II, a war in which objection was quite unpopular. Since its birth it has continued to be a prophetic voice in our church, urging the abolition of war and encouraging its sisters and brothers to enact peace in the midst of our broken world. It has helped lead the PC(USA) to take bold stances in the face of violence.
WorldOregon is a hub for globally minded people who want to foster intercultural education, international exchanges, and global conversations! Our programs connect Oregonians to the world--and each other to create a community of informed global citizens.
On Earth Peace is an agency of the Church of the Brethren, a "Historic Peace Church." While its inspiration is rooted in faith, its programs can help any church, school, community, or other group grow in this work without regard to any or no religious affiliation.
Voices for Creative Nonviolence has long-standing roots in active nonviolent resistance to U.S. war-making. Founded in the summer of 2005, Voices draws from the experiences of those who challenged the brutal economic sanctions imposed by the U.S. and U.N. against the Iraqi people between 1990 and 2003.
American Muslim Voice Foundation fosters friendships among all Americans by bridging cultural and religious gaps. It also works towards protecting and preserving civil liberties and constitutional rights for ALL.
NYC Muslim-Jewish Solidarity Committee is a grassroots community where Jews, Muslims, and all are welcome. It builds relationships to stand against hate through shared values and social action.
Charter For Compassion's mission is to help and serve millions through publishing and media, events and retreats, a 24/7 prayer line, and spiritual centers around the world.
Become A Partner
FREE TRIP TO EGYPT will be screened in 500 theaters across the United States as part of the #PledgeToListen Day of Unity on June 12th. A live panel discussion on how to bring more listening and kindness to the world will be streamed from Washington DC directly to the theaters immediately following the screening.
Kindness Films produced the film FREE TRIP TO EGYPT and hosted pre-screenings across the country in December 2018. The pre-screenings had a powerful impact on people and served as a strong catalyst prompting people to begin conversations and take action to bring people together from diverse backgrounds through respect and understanding.
Kindness Films would like to share FREE TRIP TO EGYPT in as many settings with as many diverse groups as possible to prompt initial conversations on June 12th, and then to collaborate with partner organizations in order to continue the conversations and offer tools for dialogue to support people having a positive impact on the world.
This document outlines how we would like to work with partner organizations.
Request from Partner Organizations – Supporting the Event
We would like the partner organizations to help increase visibility of the June 12th event and also help attract more people to attend the event. Different levels of involvement:
- Announcing the Event to their Organization Membership. Kindness Films will provide the Trailer, Invitation, and graphics to the event. Kindness Films will also provide an RSVP link with the organization’s recruiter id in order to track responses.
- A video message from key influencers of the organization: please see the video creation guidelines.
- Provide Recruiters for the event: Please provide an email list of people who will be reaching out to others in order to bring them to the event. We will email them each an invitation link with their own recruiter id.
- A selection of social media posts through your social media platforms promoting the screening, including the trailer, ticket link and the Facebook group to encourage engagement.
- Additionally please provide potential hosts for the event. All hosts will have the responsibility of a recruiter, but in addition, the host will be at the event and welcome people and make announcements and inform people of the follow up actions (details are contained in the host guidelines document)
Benefit to Partner Organizations
In addition to promoting a film that builds bridges and inspires optimism and promotes kindness and listening to the world, each of the partner organizations will gain the following:
- Additional visibility and awareness through Logo Placement on our website and flyers, social media outreach and posts, and inclusion in communication through our newsletters and communication channels.
- Introductions to the other partner organizations and opportunities to meet and network with similar types of organizations.
- Access to a broader audience. When the audience participates on June 12th, they will be asked to join the #PledgeToListen and be asked if they want to continue to be involved. We will have a nationwide list of people and these people will be told about partnering organizations and given the opportunity to join follow-up activities.
- Organizations that provide approved hosts will have the opportunity to engage with the local audience and inform them about follow-up events (either conversations on the same evening near the theatre or other events).
- Continued support through social media
In short, we hope that the organizations will help support getting people to the event and we will then give the people information about the organizations so there can be true follow-up and engagement after the film.
The above-mentioned items are all GUIDELINES and not rules and are open to discussion. We can find the best fit for organizations.
To discuss further please contact
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT IS THE #PledgeToListen Day of Unity?
On the evening of Wednesday, June 12th FREE TRIP TO EGYPT will be screening in 500 theaters across the United States as part of our #PledgeToListen Day of Unity.
Prior to the screening, there will be a 30-minute pre-show video which will include celebrity endorsements, a unique song written for the event and other exciting material.
Directly after the film, there will be a telecasted panel discussion live from Washington DC. The panel will include politicians, celebrities and thought leaders who will discuss the themes in the film and action steps we can take as a society to reconcile the divide that is splitting our country. Tarek Mounib will moderate the panel.
Depending on the location and time zone of the theater, the panel will be live or previously recorded.
HOW LONG IS THE FILM?
FREE TRIP TO EGYPT runs for 98 minutes.
IS THE FILM APPROPRIATE FOR YOUNG VIEWERS?
The film has a PG rating. Parental Guidance Suggested – some material may not be suitable for children.
HOW DO I BUY TICKETS?
For all ticketing information, please visit our screenings page on the website HERE and enter your zip code to find your theater. There are discounts available for group sales.
Each theater has a different process for group sales. Please contact us with the theater name and location and the amount of groups sales to Liz at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you immediately.
HOW DO I SIGN UP TO HOST A SCREENING?
Please sign up here
WHAT DOES BEING A HOST ENTAIL?
As a host we ask that you help us by inviting your organization, members, affiliates, and partners to the June 12th #PledgeToListen Day of Unity screening event which will be in 500 theaters around the country.
The first step is to find the theater closest to you by entering your zip code HERE.
Once you have found the theater closest to you please contact Liz Ogilvie at email@example.com and we will set you up as a ‘Host.’
- We will provide you with a ‘FREE TRIP TO EGYPT TOOL KIT’ that includes the trailer, ticket purchase link, and marketing materials to help you promote the film.
- You will share the information about the event in social media posts, in your newsletter and through email communication.
We have found that individuals and groups partnering together host successful events by leveraging their larger reach.
For more information and to get started, please see our Host Screening Guide.
WHAT MARKETING OR SUPPORT MATERIALS WILL I GET TO PROMOTE SCREENINGS?
We will provide marketing materials such as the film trailer, digital copies of the film logo/poster, a press release template, invitations, suggested language for social media posts, links to all our social media, digital images for newsletters and email communication.
I WANT TO MAKE SURE THE FILM IS APPROPRIATE BEFORE I HELP PROMOTE IT. CAN I VIEW THE FILM BEFORE DECIDING TO BE A HOST A SCREENING?
Yes. Please contact Liz at firstname.lastname@example.org about receiving a password protected screener of the film.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS TO SUPPORTING FREE TRIP TO EGYPT?
In addition to promoting a film that builds bridges and inspires optimism and promotes kindness and listening to the world you will have the opportunity to:
- Engage with the local audience and inform them about follow up at community events to discuss the themes in the film and to plan action points in your community
- Hand out literature in the theater
- Make introductions to other partner organizations and have the opportunity to meet and network with similar types of organizations
- Benefit from FREE TRIP TO EGYPT’s national digital media marketing planning through social media promotion
HOW DO I GET MY ORGANIZATION LOGO ON YOUR WEBSITE
Once you agree to become a ‘host’ and invite and spread the information to your community and agree to partnering with us we will ask for a few assets including your logo and website link.
SUGGESTIONS TO BUILD AN AUDIENCE OUTSIDE YOUR COMMUNITY
Partnering with individuals and groups broadens the audience and ensures a full-house. Here are a few ideas to reach out to an organization, company, or nonprofit!
- Partner with multiple organizations in your community to co-host the event. The more, the better! You’ll draw in a larger audience to your event.
- Ask all your personal contacts to invite 5 friends to the screening. Ask them to invite 5 of their friends, so on and so on…
- Find a local company who supports your mission to help underwrite the costs of the event in exchange for some promotion.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THE SCREENING
To organise a follow-up meeting to discuss the film we will provide you with a Film Discussion Guide to help you plan a conversation with your community and other groups after the film. You can find a copy here <link to be added>
AFTER THE JUNE 12TH EVENT, CAN I ORGANIZE A SCREENING OF THE FILM?
YES! From July 12th, we will be offering “book your screening” opportunities through the theatrical-on-demand company TUGG.
IS FREE TRIP TO EGYPT OR KINDNESS FILMS ASSOCIATED WITH ANY POLITICAL GROUPS?
No, Kindness Films is an independent film production company. The film was made and financed with no financial support from any political groups.