WHAT IS THE #PledgeToListen Day of Unity?
On the evening of Wednesday, June 12th FREE TRIP TO EGYPT will be screening in 500 theaters across the United States as part of our #PledgeToListen Day of Unity.
Prior to the screening, there will be a 30-minute pre-show video which will include celebrity endorsements, a unique song written for the event and other exciting material.
Directly after the film, there will be a telecasted panel discussion live from Washington DC. The panel will include politicians, celebrities and thought leaders who will discuss the themes in the film and action steps we can take as a society to reconcile the divide that is splitting our country. Tarek Mounib will moderate the panel.
Depending on the location and time zone of the theater, the panel will be live or previously recorded.
HOW LONG IS THE FILM?
FREE TRIP TO EGYPT runs for 98 minutes.
IS THE FILM APPROPRIATE FOR YOUNG VIEWERS?
The film has a PG rating. Parental Guidance Suggested – some material may not be suitable for children.
HOW DO I BUY TICKETS?
For all ticketing information, please visit our screenings page on the website HERE and enter your zip code to find your theater. There are discounts available for group sales.
Each theater has a different process for group sales. Please contact us with the theater name and location and the amount of groups sales to Liz at email@example.com and we will get back to you immediately.
HOW DO I SIGN UP TO HOST A SCREENING?
Please sign up here
WHAT DOES BEING A HOST ENTAIL?
As a host we ask that you help us by inviting your organization, members, affiliates, and partners to the June 12th #PledgeToListen Day of Unity screening event which will be in 500 theaters around the country.
The first step is to find the theater closest to you by entering your zip code HERE.
Once you have found the theater closest to you please contact Liz Ogilvie at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will set you up as a ‘Host.’
- We will provide you with a ‘FREE TRIP TO EGYPT TOOL KIT’ that includes the trailer, ticket purchase link, and marketing materials to help you promote the film.
- You will share the information about the event in social media posts, in your newsletter and through email communication.
We have found that individuals and groups partnering together host successful events by leveraging their larger reach.
For more information and to get started, please see our Host Screening Guide.
WHAT MARKETING OR SUPPORT MATERIALS WILL I GET TO PROMOTE SCREENINGS?
We will provide marketing materials such as the film trailer, digital copies of the film logo/poster, a press release template, invitations, suggested language for social media posts, links to all our social media, digital images for newsletters and email communication.
I WANT TO MAKE SURE THE FILM IS APPROPRIATE BEFORE I HELP PROMOTE IT. CAN I VIEW THE FILM BEFORE DECIDING TO BE A HOST A SCREENING?
Yes. Please contact Liz at email@example.com about receiving a password protected screener of the film.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS TO SUPPORTING FREE TRIP TO EGYPT?
In addition to promoting a film that builds bridges and inspires optimism and promotes kindness and listening to the world you will have the opportunity to:
- Engage with the local audience and inform them about follow up at community events to discuss the themes in the film and to plan action points in your community
- Hand out literature in the theater
- Make introductions to other partner organizations and have the opportunity to meet and network with similar types of organizations
- Benefit from FREE TRIP TO EGYPT’s national digital media marketing planning through social media promotion
HOW DO I GET MY ORGANIZATION LOGO ON YOUR WEBSITE
Once you agree to become a ‘host’ and invite and spread the information to your community and agree to partnering with us we will ask for a few assets including your logo and website link.
SUGGESTIONS TO BUILD AN AUDIENCE OUTSIDE YOUR COMMUNITY
Partnering with individuals and groups broadens the audience and ensures a full-house. Here are a few ideas to reach out to an organization, company, or nonprofit!
- Partner with multiple organizations in your community to co-host the event. The more, the better! You’ll draw in a larger audience to your event.
- Ask all your personal contacts to invite 5 friends to the screening. Ask them to invite 5 of their friends, so on and so on…
- Find a local company who supports your mission to help underwrite the costs of the event in exchange for some promotion.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THE SCREENING
To organise a follow-up meeting to discuss the film we will provide you with a Film Discussion Guide to help you plan a conversation with your community and other groups after the film. You can find a copy here <link to be added>
AFTER THE JUNE 12TH EVENT, CAN I ORGANIZE A SCREENING OF THE FILM?
YES! From July 12th, we will be offering “book your screening” opportunities through the theatrical-on-demand company TUGG.
IS FREE TRIP TO EGYPT OR KINDNESS FILMS ASSOCIATED WITH ANY POLITICAL GROUPS?
No, Kindness Films is an independent film production company. The film was made and financed with no financial support from any political groups.